Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Cries from the Cross, by Erwin Lutzer

Based on a sermon series by Erwin Lutzer the pastor of Moody Church. This book was released in a decade ago but is being re-released in new format's and in the Kindle format. I want to thank Moody Press for making a review copy of this book available to me for free through Net Galley.

Pastor Lutzer will take you through all of the statements that Christ made on the Cross when the Romans were crucifying him. Those statements are:
1. Father forgive them for they know not what they do
2. Today you will be with me in Paradise, a promise given to the repentant criminal
3. Woman, here is your son . . . Here, is your mother
4. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
5. I am thirsty
6. It is finished!
7. Father, into your hands I commit my spirit

Each of these statements from Christ is full of meaning. As Pastor Lutzer points out when someone is dying the last words that they utter are usually very important to them and something that you should take care to listen to. These words of Christ reveal His heart and reveal His mission that the Father sent Him to earth to accomplish. That mission is being finalized here at the Cross!

Through excellent writing and exposition of the Scripture you will find encouragement as Pastor Lutzer explains each statement and what their impact is on the people who were at the Cross watching Him die. They are statements that we should take time to carefully study and meditate on so that we understand their impact to the world and to ourselves.

I believe this is a great book for people to be reading this month before we get to Easter Sunday. I would encourage you to pick up a copy and make a careful study of it.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment